Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Graffiti

In reading this article, it is quite clear that Kriegel opposed the idea of graffiti. I personally do not like graffiti . The thing that stuck out the most to me was the fact that Kriegel still remembers the hate words written on the walls of the tunnel. After all these years, the discriminating words are the ones burned into his memory. I feel bad for kids like Kriegel, who were subject to learning the meaning of these words this way. No kid should have to learn/experience these words at the age of eight. They are to young, and they can be influenced to accept these words as if they are true. Kriegel obviously did not accept them, but other kids might. In my opinion, graffiti usually has more negative things to say rather than positive. I do not see graffiti a lot, but the times I have seen it, it has something derogatory to say. I don't see the need for gaffiti.

What I liked in this article was how Kriegel would say something, then say what his opposers would say, and then explain why he thinks their wrong. In a sense, you have both sides of athestory. One side in favor of graffiti, the other one not. I thought it made the article more interesting and added some credibility to it.
This is a picture from FadedDetroit. I really can't make out what some of the words say or represent. There were some more explicit pictures, but I decided to go with one instead.

No comments: