Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Bob Woodruff


Watching the special on Bob Woodruff yesterday, To Iraq and Back, made think about how lucky I am. Bob Woodruff was reporting from Iraq when a road side bomb destroyed his tank. One second he was on top of the world: lead reporter for ABC news, wonderful family, and living his dream. The next second he is fighting for his life. It is amazing how quickly life can change. It took several months for Bob to recover and it truly is a miracle that even he survived the accident. Now, months later, Bob is alive to tell his unbelievable story.
I sometimes forget how blessed I am. I have a great family, friends, and I am in good health. What more do I need! In the special last night, I saw kids my age (18 years old) in war. What a wake up call! These kids risk their lives each day to protect our country. There are many kids my age that have been severely injured in Iraq. Some with missing arms or legs, others with permanent brain damage. They go through each day not knowing if they will make it. They truly are heroes and I hope they can come back safely. I need to appreciate what I have and count my blessings each day. God Bless The Men And Women Serving This Wonderful Country.

No comments: