Thursday, February 15, 2007

Peace Talks

Listening to the news two days ago, I heard something very interesting: The United States and North Lorea may have a possible agreement. It sounded like the U.S. would help North Korea turn around their economy, if North Korea in turn agreed to disarm or stop their nuclear weapons and nuclear program. This is what I took out of it, but do not quote me on it. However, if this is the case, I would be quite happy. Being able to solve such a huge problem diplomatically and peacefully would be awesome. This may not be as easy as it sounds, but it is certainly a step in the right direction. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that all goes to plan.

I was also watching the President's press conference (briefing) yesterday and that too caught my attention. It seems like the U.S. has the same problem with Iran and their nuclear weapons program. I know that there looks to be no agreement in sight between these two countries, but it is imparative that we get one done. The U.S. needs to find a way to talk with Iran and resolve their problems. It will be very difficult, but it looks like we made headway with North Korea. I have all the confidence that we can do the same with Iran!

No comments: