Saturday, February 24, 2007

Cinco de Mayo



Well, I really wasn't sure what restaurant I wanted to do a review on, but I think I found the one. I decided to go with Cinco de Mayo, a Mexican Restaurant located on Beech Daly Road, just past Five Mile. There were many restaurants to choose from, but I decided on this one because I have never been there before. My mom and her friends go out to eat here, and they always rave about how much they love it . I will not be biased toward the restaurant and I think that it sounds like a very interesting place to do a review on. I believe that I will be able to go there tomorrow, so I am looking forward to the experience.

I called the restaurant today to get some background information (the restaurant's history) before I go there. I spoke with one of the owners, Guillermo Torres. He explained that his family owns half of the restaurant, while Miles Handy owns the other half. The Torres family moved from Guadajara, Mexico. They had been looking to open a restaurant for quite some time, and when they talked with Miles Handy the right opportunity presented itself. He mentioned that most of the food is homemade. A lot of the food is taken from recipes used back in Mexico. Trucks deliver new food each day, which keeps the food fresh. The restaurant opened November 24th, 2006. I can't wait to eat here!

No comments: