Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Research Progress

I was quite nervous about the interviewing process, but it turned out to be quite enjoyable. I picked two customers that go to the local restaurant I'm writing about. Both were extremely friendly and they provided me with some good information. I also interviewed the owner, Steve Nedanovski. He gave me some good insight into his family history and into the restaurant dynamics. It was quite hard for me to find written articles on Steve's Family Diner. However, I called the Livonia Observer and they had an article in their archives. They also directed me to another article that was written on Steve's in the Detroit News about three years ago. These articles will certainly be a big help in writing this paper. After looking at the interviews and the research articles, my paper is going to center around the notion that Steve's Family Diner is more than just another restaurant to the Plymouth community.

The three areas that make it more than another restaurant are its hard working family history, its special atmosphere, and the special relationships that have formed as a result of Steve's. I will concentrate on these three things and I will explain how they make Steve's Family Diner siginficant to the community. Steve's is special to the community, and everyone values its presence. Steve's is a second home to many people, where relationships have formed and families have grown closer. Conducting research on this site has made me realize that Steve's Family Diner provides something special for the community, something that no other place in the community can do!

No comments: