Sunday, January 21, 2007

Progress on Analysis Paper

I have just completed my interviews for this paper. I am writing about a local diner and its significance to the community. I talked to the owner (Steve Nedanovski) as well as two customers who go to the local diner quite often. In talking to the customers both of them had similar responses to many of the questions I asked them. Both of them agreed that the diner is important to the community for many different reasons and that they feel welcome and like family every time they go there. I received a lot of good responses from the both of them. The owner, Steve Nedanovski, talked to me for about 15 minutes and shared a lot about him and his family, his customers, and the restaurant. He explained to me that the restaurant means everything to his family and that the people of Plymouth have really embraced it. He believes that the restaurant symbolizes family and friendship.

I also did some research on the internet, but I was not able to get anything really good. However, I talked to the Livonia Observer publisher and he had an article on Steve's from their archives. I was also able to get an article on Steve's that was written in the Detroit News about three years ago. Both were short, about two to three paragraohs long, but I did get information from them that will be very useful for the paper.

1 comment:

Stephanie K. said...

Sounds like you have made some real progress! Did you talk to any of the waiters to see what they had to say? It's probably not the angle you are going for, but it's just a suggestion! Also, if the diner is by other businesses, do the customers come for those places and just eat at the diner because it's close? or vice versa? Just a thought.