Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Booming City

When my family was going to move to Novi about six years ago, I was very skeptical and upset. I didn't want to move becasue I would have to make new friends and start all over. Plus, I really enjoyed living in Dearborn Heights. However, six years later, I hang out with the same people and I absolutely love the decision my parents made. Novi has developed so much and there is always something to do. New restaurants at every corner, Twelve Oaks Mall, and new stores make Novi a nice place to live and have fun. I am not saying that Novi is the best city around, but it always seems to keep me busy. I know many other people who also love the city because it always offers something new to do each time. I call it a booming city because every time I turn around, it seems like new stores and houses are being built, which keeps it interesting. I keep thinking that the city is going to run out of room for new places, but it looks like it won't be running out of room any time soon, something I certainly don't mind.

Unfortunately Novi has one major problem, and that is traffic. I love going to places in Novi, but it takes forever. The intersection at 8 Mile and Haggerty is guaranteed to add an extra 15 minutes onto your trip and 275 always seems to have a traffic jam. It just gets very frustating when you want to go somewhere because you have to plan ahead. I'd like to get your feedback on the city and see what you think about it!

1 comment:

bdegenaro said...

The traffic issue is interesting. As a culture, we put so much emphasis on the money factor--the flow of capital, the spending of discretionary funds, etc. And yet we disdain heavy traffic. A paradox of a "booming" city?